Terms of Service
By starting a project request with Horizon Graphics and Web Solutions Ltd. (also referred to in these Terms as “HGWS”, “we” and “us”), you confirm that you are in agreement with and bound by the Terms and Conditions (“Terms”) on this page. It is expected of you to read these Terms carefully before starting a project with us.
- Client – The business or individual who is requesting the services of HGWS.
- Project Request – When a Client accepts a quote that was received from HGWS in result of a Quote Request from the Client, and agrees to the ‘Project Agreement’ after accepting the quote.
- PAYMENT METHODS: We currently accept online payments through PayPal and E-mail Transfers through most bank websites. We also accept mailed-in cheques, but that may take longer to receive than online payments.
- PAYMENT #1: The Client must pay 50% of the estimated project quote price before the official start of the project.
- PAYMENT #2: The final balance will be a sum of the remaining 50% of the estimated project quote price, applicable taxes on the full project amount, and any expenses or fees incurred through the duration of the project. This amount will be invoiced to the Client upon Completion of the project.
All invoices are due and payable to HGWS within 30 days of the invoice date, unless otherwise noted on the invoice or agreed to in writing.
- EXPENSES: The Client agrees to reimburse us for any additional expenses necessary in completion of the project. These include items such as: fonts, proofs, props, research, shipping, software, stock photography, travel, etc. To avoid unexpected expense costs, we will request approval from the Client before incurring them.
- REFUNDS: The initial deposit is only refundable BEFORE the project is in “In Progress” status. Once the project is in “In Progress” status, all costs are due at the appropriate times specified above and are NON-REFUNDABLE due to the nature of our services (planning, designing, and costs incurred).
- LATE PAYMENTS: If the Client fails to pay the final balance on all invoices before the due date as specified above, the Client will be charged a late payment fee of 2% per month (unless otherwise stated in the Project Agreement) for each invoice that is overdue.
REFUSAL OF SERVICE:
Horizon Graphics and Web Solutions Ltd. strives to promote a positive environment and culture.
We do not accept any clients who promote or have content containing:
- Pornographic, nudity or immorality
- Racism or discriminatory content
- Illegal drugs, content or behaviour
- Violence, war or weaponry
- Any kind of content that is likely to cause offense or damage our reputation
To maintain our positive image, we reserve the right to terminate the contract if we feel your project our business contains or promotes subjects that would hurt our image or promote a negative lifestyle.
ASSIGNMENT OF WORK:
We reserve the right to assign certain tasks on the Project Task List to other designers or subcontractors to ensure quality and on-time completion.
PROJECT DUE DATES:
We will deliver samples or mock-up designs on dates as agreed upon in the Project Task List, however we will not be responsible for late deliveries due to Client delays.
While we make every effort to meet the agreed upon due dates, the Client must be aware that failure to respond to communications and/or submit required information or materials in a timely manner may cause subsequent delays in the production. Client delays may result in significant days in delivery of finished work.
CHANGES FROM OTHER PARTIES:
HGWS cannot be held responsible for changes, alterations or problems caused by the Client or any third-party during and after project completion.
HGWS CREDIT ON FINAL WORK:
- Allowing us to display our logo or company name on your final product helps spread the word of our business, and often results in a small discount. We also display the Client’s company name and logo (with permission) on our Portfolio for more exposure.
- This credit may not be modified or removed at any time without the written consent of HGWS, which may also require the Client to pay any discounted amounts related to displaying the credit back to HGWS. A written consent is only not required if the product (such as a website) is completely re-designed by another party.
- The Client may choose where the credit appears, but it must be in a clearly visible location. We often try to place it somewhere where it’s not disruptive of the design. For example, with websites, a small link to our website, either using our logo or company, will appear somewhere on your website, most likely in the footer or on a Credits page. All other works, for example, may display it on the back of a card, or in an empty space in the design.
HGWS owns the rights and intellectual property rights to all in which it creates. Upon completion of the project, the copyright will only be released to the Client upon receiving final payment and a Release of Copyright from HGWS has been issued.
AGREEMENT OF TERMS OF SERVICE:
By officially starting a Project Request with us, the Client acknowledges that they have read, understand, and agree to Terms.
The Client also realizes that they will have to agree and abide to a Project Agreement before the project can officially begin. The Project Agreement is an official agreement between HGWS and The Client that supersedes these Terms and contains details specific to the Client and their project as well as the terms and conditions outlines on this page.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding these Terms, please don’t hesitate to contact us.